Sunday, May 9, 2010

Add A Border

This is another hand project that I'm working on,  it is call Add a Border.   Add a Border is a quilt challenge that Patsy started at the Rockton Quilt Club.  We will add a border to a center block of our own choice for the next 6 months.   Each month Patsy will have use draw for a color and give us a border challenge that we must use in our quilt.  Interesting!!!  What a fun project.  I decided to go with  a garden theme for my quilt border challenge.  OOPS!  I forgot the butterfly.  Back to the drawing board.   I decide to draw my quilt design on each piece as I go along,  this way the quilt will be marked and ready to quilt.

The pattern I chose is a Sharon Schamber cresent flower which I have had for a couple of years.  There was a DVD that came with the pattern that teaches how to applique.  I really like her technic.   Here is a photo of my center block,  also one of my kids  "Sammy".  

No comments: