Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Cottage Powder Room

When I moved into this house I loved the bathroom, I could see great possibilities.  Wished I would have taken before picture showing green shag carpet, vinyl flooring half way up the walls with the upper walls painted green ( very 50 ish).   I tore up the carpet,  tile floor, bead board the walls and painted the bead board a soft white.  The upper walls a painted a chiffon soft peachy pink.   The pedestal sink I bought years ago and store in hoping I would use it someday.  Will guess what it came out of storage.  The oak frame for mirror was an auction buy for $4.00 which adds to the relaxed cottage feel of this room.   Tiled around the tub and added a hand held shower massage.  Simple white sheer panel pulled up into a bishop sleeve secured with a tassel tie back.

The hair pin laying on the shelf belong to my grandmother who would pin her hair up into a bun.  On the other shelf was my other grandmothers hat pin  and lotion bottles.  When my grandmothers passed on these are some of the items that I chose that were of  memories for me.   Oh yes,  the shaving stand was my grandfather's ,  the shaving brush was my fathers.

No comments: