Friday, June 25, 2010

Pumpkin in the Cabin

Log cabin quilt that I'm working on this week...pieced this top 2 years ago and it is finally going to get quilted before the leaves start turning color.   My quilt design will come from mofits within the quilt.   The quilt pattern came from the book "Favorite Quilts From Anka's Treasures"  author- Heather Mulder Peterson.   I opt for a more formal applique then what is showing  in the book.    Sketch and cut my own flowers for the center,  cut leaves from the green batik backing and raw appliqued in the white areas .   I will use this as a wall hanging and table cloth at Thanksgiving.  (covered with clear plastic to catch the spills)

2 comments:

Ramona-quilter said...

Beautiful quilt and those King Tuts will really show off your quilting. I hope that you post a photo of the quilt completed.

Rebecca said...

Thank you Linda for visiting my blog... the green is Lava for the bobbin and varigated King Tut for top to show off the colors.