Friday, July 1, 2011

I will Take a Break From my Blog For Awhile

A close friend of mine,  received a phone call yesterday morning that her daughter in law was killed........
 I was with Kathy when she received the phone call ......   The daughter in law leaves behind a husband and 2 1/2 year old baby.   Today it was hard for me to focus on quilting or anything.   Tomorrow I will cook up something to take to the family.   

The black quilt is almost finished,  just have the variegated thread left to quilt in the compasses.    Will post a picture in a couple of days ........ 

6 comments:

shannon said...

my thoughts go out to your friend at this time

Raylene Smith said...

how tragic, Reb...I feel for her family...so sad

vivian said...

That's sad news about your friend's DIL. It makes you realize how your life can change in a second. Sorry for your friend's and your loss.

Mary Beth said...

There are things in life much more important than quilts and blogs. I am so sorry for your friend and her family. Such a tragedy. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

Angie said...

This is very sad news---my heart goes out to your friend and family. Your friend will need your support at this difficult time. Blog, quilting the internet in general are just hobbies and past times. Not important at all in the realm of things in our lives. Take care---

Carolyn said...

My sympathy to you and your friend. My thoughts will be with them during this dificult time.