Friday, October 25, 2013

Fall Splendor Off The Frame

 
Fall Splendor  off the frame tonight.     Used adding machine tape to mark my registration points 
 

 
Thread play

 
Used King Tut thread for a little more texture

 
That big maple leaf would make a great label for the back.

 
Weekend binding 


 
    Thinking I will use some McTavishing for the background fill to make the leaves standout,  so they look like the are falling off the quilt when it is hanging.......     Using Black
So Fine for the fill.

 
Binding and crystals tomorrow and in the mail next week.
A give away......
When I saw this at one of the show I was blown away with it.    It was just one of those that you just had to have to work on.    I love the ribbon work,  it really adds to the art quilt.   This is one of   Lennie Honcoop patterns.    www.DutchQuilter.com      She is a fiber artist from the Netherlands.  Lennie's floral work is sooooooo   amazing.     I was in just awe looking at her work at the show.


No comments: