Thursday, April 7, 2011

Shelia's Mini Quilt

Shelia (my DIL)  finished quilting her little quilt today.   She did a really nice job of quilting.   I had Shelia use a stencil for the centers so she would have a guide line for her feathers.   I had her practice feathers on paper for a couple of weeks to get it programed in  her memory.   The outer border she used a scallop ruler to mark her shapes to repeat the cc in the nine patch and then freehand the feathers.   NICE JOB!!!
This was some of the scraps  I gave her to play around with.  






I told her that she should give it to me for a Christmas gift to go with my big quilt that has been hanging for over a year that needs to be quilted.    She started on the LA  five months ago......   I think drawing out your designs on paper PPPPPP   really helps when you quilt on the LA. 

2 comments:

Raylene Smith said...

she needs to buy her own longarm...this girl has talent...lol

Joan said...

She has done a beautiful job - well done!!