Thursday, April 28, 2011

WIP


This is a Sharon Schamber applique pattern that I ordered over a year ago and decided to get in on the frame and quilt it.   I drew part of my pattern on with pencil, starch the fabric first.   I'm using her wreath design then will quilt my on back ground fill. 



I used Sharon's idea and copy one of my feathers, made a template and trace the feather on fabric so they all look alike. That might change once I start to quilt the feathers.





                              So much for painting walls today...























3 comments:

Furball Farm Quilting said...

Can't wait to see the final result, I love this technique........ but I think I'd only use it for my own work. Client's are not willing to spend the money for this type of custom work, but want the look. So glad your showing it done, it may shed some light on some clients who think you just whip this up in no time.

Suzan said...

Nice day to play, work later
Looks like it is going to real nice when finished

Joan said...

That looks so lovely - I look forward to seeing that done - I love Sharon Schamber designs.